Exclusive, live reports from the beach and the traffic desk at the Gulf Breeze Police Department start at 6am Friday and 7am Saturday. Reports continue all day leading up to Friday’s full dress rehearsal and the Air Show on Saturday.
Special Blue Angels Coverage Saturday
- Live coverage of the Air Show starts at 1pm
- Andrew McKay and former Blue Angels commander Greg McWhorter host a pre-show special, live from Pensacola Beach starting at noon.
- Scott Jeffries will be live at the Beach hosting ‘Blues Day at the Beach’ 11am-12n.
Saturday Morning Specials
- Pensacola Morning News with Andrew McKay, Davis Allen, Mark Jacobs
- Beach traffic Reports
- Pensacola Expert Panel with Wendi Summers, Dr. Charles Neal, Davis Allen, Mark Jacobs
- Beach traffic reports
History of the Blue Angels
- Special 20-part series presented by Mike Bates during Pensacola Morning News & Pensacola Right Now.
- June 18-July 13
We are proud to announce that over the next few weeks we will be your home for the The “History of the U.S. Navy Blue Angels” series every weekday at 8:45a and 4:45p, beginning Monday morning, June 18th through July 13th leading up to the Pensacola Beach Air Show.
This series traces the creation and fascinating history of the Blue Angels from 1946 through today.
– Did you know that the original name of the team was the Blue Lancers?
– Did you know that the Blue Angels used to shoot down Japanese zeros during air shows?
– Did you know that Fat Albert once saved lives by preventing a plane crash at sea?
– Did you know the Blue Angels were sent off to war in Korea?
– Did you know that a Blue Angel once ejected at supersonic speed?
– Did you know the Blue Angels once flew into Russian airspace and were met by MiG fighter jets?
Learn these interesting stories plus a lot more every weekday morning at 8:45 and afternoons at 4:45, beginning June 18th until July 13th. You can also live stream NewsRadio1620/FM 92-3 through the TuneIn app!
(pictured above: Pensacola Morning News host Andrew McKay broadcasting live from the Blues on the Beach annual Air Show)