March 11, 2019
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
The specific rules for this Contest written below are in addition to ADX Communications General Contest Rules dated 9/15/18. If there is a conflict in language, these specific rules will govern.
Contest Name: “March Sadness” (hereafter “contest”’)
Station(s): NewsRadio 92.3 / 1620 AM, PENSACOLA (the “Stations(s)”)
Station Business Address: 7251 Plantation Road, Pensacola, Florida 32504
Station Business Telephone: 850-262-6000
1. Description of Contest/Promotion.
A. DATE OF CONTEST: 3/11/19 – 4/9/19
B. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants and skill in predicting the outcome of college basketball games.
C. HOW TO ENTER
To enter to win the March Sadness contest, entrants must visit the NewsRadio 92.3 / 1620 AM website (www. NewsRadio923.com) click on the link to the Fox Sports bracket, and complete a bracket in the NewsRadio 92.3 / 1620 AM Group which will consist of all the games in the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament (hereafter “Tournament”). The only means of entry will be this online method.
D. HOW TO PLAY
1. NewsRadio 92.3 / 1620 AM will create a Group on the Fox Sports website where people can enter their bracket predictions. Predictions should be made in such a manner that the team entered online as the wining team is actually the team the entrant expects will lose. Entries must be submitted before tip-off of the first game of the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament or the closing of the online entry process, whichever is sooner. Players will submit their predictions for the Tournament online by entering name, address, e-mail, phone, and other personal information. The online bracket form must be completed in its entirety.
2. Limit one entry per person. Multiple entries will void ALL entries by that person. Entry may not be modified or replaced after initial submission.
3. Odds of a Participant winning the prize for the worst bracket depends on the number of Participants who submit entries.
4. Participants must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity prior to claiming any prize(s). Failure to do so before 5:30pm on Thursday, May 9, 2019 will disqualify the Participant and result in forfeiture of the prize(s). If a Participant does not claim the prize(s) by 5:30pm on May 9, 2019 – WE CANNOT END THE CONTEST AND AWARD THE PRIZE ON THE SAME DAY. and/or is not in compliance with these Official Rules (including eligibility requirements), Participant will be disqualified and will forfeit all prize(s), and no prize(s) will be given away at all.
5. Unless otherwise specified in the prize notification, the prizes(s) must be picked up in person during regular business hours but no later than 5:30pm on May 9, 2019 at the Station at 7251 Plantation Road, Pensacola, FL 32504. The Contest winner is responsible for all transportation costs related to claiming the prize(s) and the prize(s). The Contest winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed before 5:30pm on May 9, 2019.
6. The NewsRadio 92.3 / 1620 AM March Sadness contest will use the 2019 Tournament Challenge that is hosted by FoxSports.com, and all Fox Sports rules will apply, except that the winner of this contest is the entrant who has the lowest bracket score rather than the highest bracket score. Any violation of these rule voids submissions and disqualifies the entry from the contest.
7. All decisions of station management with respect to the Contest are final.
This is a local contest sponsored by NewsRadio 92.3 / 1620 AM, and it has no connection to any other organization. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Escambia County or Santa Rosa County in Florida. Winner(s) are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with all the rules. Entrants may only qualify for the prize(s) and win for the duration of this contest.
Any prizes not awarded due to ineligibility of contestant are returned to the Station for reuse.
1. The prize package will be awarded to the entrant who submits the WORST bracket (meaning the entrant who predicts the most LOSING teams in the tournament, which results in the lowest bracket score).
2. The worst bracket winner will be based upon the score assigned by the Fox Sports bracket website. The prize package for submitting the worst bracket will consist of a $100 gift certificate to Denny’s: America’s Diner. If there is a tie for worst bracket, the tie-breaker will be the prediction of the final score of the tournament’s championship game as determined by the Fox Sports bracket website (with the best prediction of the score prevailing). If a tie still remains after that tie-breaker, the winner will be determined by a single roll of two dice (per tied entry) with the lowest number on the dice face prevailing. In the event of tied rolls, subsequent rolls will be done until there is not a tie. Only one prize package will be awarded.
3. All prizes are awarded as-is. There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that Promoter may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Promoter is not responsible for winners’ limitations that prevent acceptance, use, or nonuse of prize. Entrants acknowledge that the Released Parties, as defined herein, have not made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranties, representations or guarantees, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties expressed or implied, in fact or in law, whether now or hereafter enacted concerning any prize, including without limitation, implied warranties of quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose, except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included with the prize or as may be separately provided to participants by law. Other restrictions may apply.
4. Any prize certificates or coupons are subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by the issuer of the certificate or coupon. Such certificates and coupons are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time, nor will such certificates or coupons be replaced if unused, lost, stolen, or damaged.
5. The winner(s) may be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 before the prize(s) can be claimed. Federal income taxes of 25% may be withheld by Station.
1. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winner may be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including the winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by Promoter in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
2. Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the Contest, the Station in its sole discretion will require verification of Contest winner’s identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification. By entering, participating and/or accepting a prize in the Contest, each Participant, winner, and guest if applicable, agrees not to sue and to release, discharge, indemnify, hold harmless, and absolve the Station, the Promoter, prize providers, the Station’s sponsors and promotional partners, the Station’s advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, and representatives and the successors and assigns of each of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, suits, losses, expenses, costs, damages, and liabilities including, without limitation, interest, penalties, court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Contest, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity, including but not limited to any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
3. Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Contest if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Contest, or the operation of Promoter’s web channel or is otherwise in violation of the Official Rules or direction of Promoter. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Rules, Promoter may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Promoter through information technology systems in Promoter’s control, but Promoter will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Promoter further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the entry portion of the Contest, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the Promoter’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest as determined by Promoter in is sole discretion. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Promoter, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or canceled, Promoter reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, suspend, or cancel the Contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
4. The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals or 3rd Party Applications or vendors; or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from entering or participating, or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdelivered, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Contest prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disaster, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Station’s control.
5. All prizes must be accepted as awarded and are non-transferable. To claim prize, winner must come to the station during the hours of 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday, before 5:30pm on May 9, 2019 and provide government-issued photo ID and that Station will copy for file. After identification procedure and forms are satisfactorily completed, winner may claim their prize. If prize is cash prize will be sent to winners mailing address no later than 30 days after prize is won. The station’s business office is at 7251 Plantation Road, Pensacola, Florida.
6. Force Majeure. If the performance of this Contest or any obligations hereunder is prevented, restricted or interfered with by reason of hurricane, earthquake, fire, flood, or other casualty, strikes, riot, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, terrorism, loss or malfunctions of utilities, communications or computer (software and hardware) services, hacking, malware, corruption of code, corruption of data, destruction of data, or any similar occurrence or condition beyond the reasonable control of the Station, the Station shall be excused from all obligations related to Contest, and the awarding of prizes will not occur.
See ADX Communications General Contest Rules dated 9/15/18 for important additional prize information.