WEEKEND NEWS ANCHOR – PART-TIME
We are accepting applications for a weekend and fill-in news anchor to present local newscasts twice an hour on Saturday. Additional hours may be assigned on Sunday and for fill-in during the week.
- Gathering, writing, producing and presenting on-air local news, traffic and weather twice each hour from 7am-1pm
- Producing (with audio) news stories for use in news on Mondays
- Posting news to station’s Facebook
- Previous on-air college or professional experience is preferred
- College background in journalism or communications is a plus
Send resumes to HR@newsradio1620.com. EOE
NEWS DIRECTOR – FULL-TIME
Accepting applications for an experienced, permanent full-time news director / anchor for both NewsRadio92.3 – AM1620 and CatCountry98.7.
- Position requires:Reporting / Anchoring Monday-Friday morning- or afternoon- drive news
- Supervising and managing 7-day news and traffic reporting / anchoring staff
- Overseeing news content for NewsRadio92.3 website and Facebook pages
- Assisting Program Director in creating regular on-air news promos
- Work with Program Director to plan expanded coverage of major news and emergency weather events (both local and national)
- Assisting in recruiting future news staff and provide training and direction
Previous news management is preferred.
Send resumes with audio or audio link to HR@newsradio1620.com. EOE